HOW WE WORK?
INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT CENTERS
Power Chokes has international support centers to support its equipment internationally. All meet API standards required for equipment sold. Also critical spares and tools are stored to ensure that in emergency we can get any customer back up and running with minimal downtime.
Houstons Huffmiester facility has been repairing equipment for 30+ years and supports all equipment worldwide.
Over 50 Years combined oilfield machining experience.
We have machined RCD’s, wellheads, flanges, tees, crosses, choke & kill manifolds, wind turbine components, marine components, and mud pump components. We have experience repairing traveling equipment, rotary tables, elevators, valves, and RCD’s.
We have been in business since 1983.
- Shop Space: 13,000 sq ft
- Office Space: 1,800 sq ft
- Warehouse/Training Space: 4,000 sq ft
- Miller Pipeworx Welding System – Qualified for 4130
- API Q1 Certified. License Q1-4308
- Vertical Turret Lathes: 48” Diameter – 72” Diameter
- Manual Lathes: 6” Diameter – 38” Diameter ; 36” length – 84” length
- Radial Drill Press
- CNC Vertical Machining Centers: up to 30”W x 60”L x 30”H
- CNC Vertical Turning Centers: up to 30” Diameter x 30” L
- CNC Horizontal Turning Center: up to 14” Diameter x 48” L
EXPERTS THAT ARE CERTIFED:
Power Chokes has a number of certifications for its equipment and personnel in order to support its products and customers. Below are some of the certifications held.
- Iso 9001 and API q1 certified shops
- API 6A, API 16C monogrammed products
- QAN / QAR – build ATEx and IECEx systems in-house
- ABS and DNV type-approved products
- IADC member
- SIL systems
Building off of the experience of designing control systems for chokes, Power Chokes now has in house team designing and assembling hydraulic units with 20 + years of experience. With designs approved for Hazardous areas which are ABS and DNV approved to large systems controlling full manifolds which integrate into electric controls, we provide expertise for safe and automated systems. There are also small portable systems or systems integrated into command centers for cold conditions.
Hazardous Area Controls
Power Chokes has an in-house electrical department of engineers and technicians. All software and designs are developed and approved by third parties. We have expertise in designing systems for IECex, ATex, US, and Canada. We assist customers to develop custom customer solutions from controlling pressure to flows to automating sequencing of opening and closing valves.
Power Chokes has a variety of patented valve designs with in-house engineering and machining. With 30+ years of valve design, materials, actuation methods, coatings welding are part of the expertise we offer. With designs for high pressure, high temperature